Sunday, 27 October 2013

Recreate Yourself: ry.com.au*

Recreate Yourself is an Australian based online beauty & haircare store offering products from a wide range of brands - Clarins, Benefit, Redken, and GHD just to name a few. It is always nice to discover Australian retailers because I hate waiting two weeks for deliveries. I was very excited when I was given the opportunity to try out their service as I was actually contemplating whether to spend or not! So here's a little bite more about the company :)

RY is based in Queensland and they actually have a salon in Burleigh Heads, if anyone is interested. They offer free shipping on all purchases over $99 (or flat rate of $6.95 for orders below $99) as well as two free samples with every order. RY does offer international shipping as well as in-store pickup if you're from Queensland. If you are unhappy with your purchase you have the option to return your product within 120 days :)

If you ever find a product at a cheaper price on a competitor's website they will price match it (see Terms and Conditions). There is also a Loyalty Program where for every $1 you spend you will receive 2 points and 200 points can be redeemed for $1. Essentially for every $100 you spend you can redeem $1 later, which isn't all that rewarding in my opinion.



So what about my order?


Date ordered: 16 / 10 / 13
Date despatched: 16 / 10 / 13
Date arrived: 18 / 10 / 13

I was very impressed with how quickly my order was processed and despatched, as well as how quickly it arrived. My order arrived undamaged with the products placed between scrunched up paper. Their website is really easy to navigate and the design is very simple; I love a website that is clean and simple since it makes browsing so much easier.

If you haven't seen on my Instagram, here is what I ordered:


Essie: Marshmallow - $15.95
Clarins: Instant Smooth Perfecting Touch - $34.21
Clarins: Instant Light Brush-On Perfector - $37.80
Redken: Diamond Oil Shatterproof Shine - $20.82
Total = $108.78

Also, my two free samples included were (not pictured):
Dermalogica: Exfoliating Body Scrub
Napolean Perdis: Auto Pilot Napolean Complex Skin Renewal Serum

The Redken product was actually recommended to me by the director of RY as I asked him if he could recommend me a product for my split ends. I absolutely can't wait to try these products out especially Clarins since my aunt kind of made me fall in love with the brand. The prices aren't significantly cheaper than retail price for the products I purchased but it may be different for other products.

Overall I am pleased with my shopping experience with RY, especially with their processing time. I would definitely purchase from them again in the future seeing as they are based in Australia and I wouldn't have to kill myself waiting for my parcels to arrive.

Have you heard of or purchased from Recreate Yourself before?

Hope you have a lovely Monday!

*Products were provided for consideration but chosen and partly paid for by me. All opinions in this post are 100% honest and unbiased.

12 comments:

  1. I've had a great experience with RY too. That got me onto Redken's conditioner for colour treated hair. Now I'm addicted. ;_;

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never heard of em, but that Redken oil looks cool! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's awesome when retailers have a price match program. I was actually part of a focus group for the development of the Redken Diamond Oil. So cool to see it out now :)

    Rowena @ rolala loves

    ReplyDelete
  4. That redken oil looks amazing! I need something like that for my split ends!! The price match program sounds very nice as well! I don't know how it works in Australia, but I know how shipping can be craze high there!


    http://www.mybrokeneggshells.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. TriedandTestedBlogger30 October 2013 at 23:49

    Essie Marshmallow is such a pretty shade on the nails! Would love the hear a review of the Redken Diamond Oil Shatterproof Shine after you've used it but if it comes recommended, it must be good! The Clarins products look lovely too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are invited to take part in my "International Giveaway sponsored by Born Pretty Store"
    (Prize: A $30 Voucher)


    Visit: http://beauty-fulll.blogspot.com/2013/10/born-pretty-stores-30-voucher-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's always good to find an online shop based locally isn't it? Faster shipping is always a win~~


    www.lizchewy.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for blogging about this. I'm constantly looking for local sites that ship out haircare quickly! Less problems that way :)

    Beauty Challenged

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just wanted to say that I really enjoy your blog! Keep up the great work ♡

    PS: May I invite you to my giveaway?

    Win a SUITSUIT luggage set (value €407) on my blog:

    www.freshminhtea.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't heard of RY before, but yay more Aussie retailers! :) i hope the Redken product works out for you! my hair is full of split ends now :(

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the great article.. Love the detail review. I've also had a great experience with Ry.com.au and would recommend them. Another site I found was http://www.onefloor.com.au. It's a smaller company but great service and worth a look. Keep up the great work. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice to read this post, however, have you ever used strapless
    dresses? I believe Bye Bra breast stickers works the best. Look at that girl,
    her breasts are well shaped. She must have used this Dutch brand’s product. http://byebra.com.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day, beautiful!
Don't forget to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out :)