Thursday, 24 October 2013

October Lust Have It - Spring Race Carnival Edition

The arrival of the October LHI Women's box took me by surprise since my annual subscription ended already and I haven't resubscribed either! After emailing their customer service, apparently my last box was supposed to be the September box. However I did not receive that box last month so maybe this was to make up for it??? I'm not too sure and neither is LHI :/

This month LHI has changed the design of their boxes to match the design on their website. It's pretty much the same size except a tiny bit taller and still features the magnetic closure. Since I wasn't expecting this box, I honestly had no idea what was inside which made it a bit more exciting.


To start off I received information cards from Princess Skincare and Smitten Cosmetics, as well as vouchers from Le Tan, Naked Wines Australia, and The Iconic. Don't think I would take advantage of any of those aside from maybe The Iconic.


Le Tan: Wash Off
40ml sample - 100ml RRP $14.99
Beauty boxes really need to STOP including fake tan since I have a total of four unused bottles now. Just because we're approaching summer doesn't mean you should hop on the fake tan bandwagon. Anyways, you can spray on this product whenever you feel like a tan, dries in 60 seconds and is water resistant. At the end of the day you can use warm water, a cloth and some scrubbing to remove.

Smitten Cosmetics: Whipped Tinted Mousse Moisturiser
? sample - 30ml RRP $25
I received this in the shade Cappuccino which seems to match me perfectly and there is a total of 6 shades available. The product is formulated with 50% moisturiser and 50% foundation, has a matte finish with SPF 15 and medium coverage. First impressions - I am quite liking this so far! Not sure how it really performs though.


Evo: Ritual Salvation Care Shampoo and Conditioner
50ml samples each - 300ml RRP $25
This is recommended for colour-treated, weak and brittle hair which sounds perfect for me! I have never tried any Evo products before so I hope this works. Bonus points for not being sachet samples and providing both the shampoo and conditioner together. Not too sure about the description on the conditioner bottle though, hmmm...


Inika: Mineral Eyeshadow in Lemon Cream
Full size - 1.2g RRP $25
Not particularly a fan of loose powder since they're a bit messy to use but this is a gorgeous shimmery, golden yellow. Colour payoff is excellent and is supposed to last all day, which I doubt unless you use a primer.

Paula's Choice: Oil Blotting Papers
50 sheets? - 100 sheets RRP $10.50
In my opinion there is nothing special about oil blotting papers; they're not exactly a new product so I don't think it should have been included. Plus I would not spend $10.50 on this when you can purchase an alternative at a cheaper price.


Princess Skincare: Hyaluronic Acid Mask
Full size - One mask RRP $27.50; Box of 8 - RRP $167.20
Just woaahhhh... one mask for $27.50?! It better be pretty damn good considering a box of 8 is $167.20. This is ideal for dehydrated skin and those with wrinkles as it helps to reduce the appearance of fine lines and maintain skin elasticity.

I feel like there has been a few types of products in common between LHI and Bellabox recently, such as fake tan, face masks, shampoo and conditioner, and bb cream / tinted moisturiser. I don't think there was anything exciting in October's LHI and the main highlight for me was the tinted moisturiser.

What did you think of this month's box? What did you receive?

Anyways I should stop procrastinating and start studying! Enjoy the rest of your week ladies :)

14 comments:

  1. MyBeautyJunction25 October 2013 05:03

    I wouldn't want to get blotting paper in a beauty box either - though they're always in handy! I finally ordered the Korean stuff off W2Beauty and a couple of other websites and at least one of them is sending blotting paper as a freebie... why would I want more in a paid-for beauty box?? Will share my Korean haul once I get the packages :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate loose shadow, it's always a pain in the butt for me when I get loose shadow in beauty boxes, they are just sooo messy to work with!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely box design! I think the content is okay,
    there are some things that I don't use like this
    fake tan spray. This EVO hair products has
    a funny packaging design, with sweet message
    on it! I use blotting papers, and I'd love to
    have it c: Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Le Tan wash off is beyond AMAZING! Best tanning product I have ever tried!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm excited to try everything this month, even the fake tan! I found I was sort of 'getting over' the products in the boxes and have recently un-subbed to bellabox as I have an annual LHi sub and think I'll be better off with just the one box. Your loose shadow is a lovely colour, I got a bright mint! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice review, Louise! I feel like a lot of the subscription boxes claim that they're worth a lot, but... really... 1 mask for $27? That doesn't even make sense. .-. And those oil sheets are pretty expensive... for oil sheets!
    But really LOL - that Evo conditioner description is just laughs. Alfalfa sprouts and shagging, oh yes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know right? Blotting paper isn't anything "premium" and you definitely don't need to pay $10.50 for it. I'm so excited for you, I can't wait to see what you got from these Korean websites! You know I'm a sucker for Korean cosmetics :P

    ReplyDelete
  8. Totally agree. The other day I accidentally dropped one of my loose shadows and it went everywhere on my desk. Such a pain T___T

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't think many people use fake tan besides Caucasians... My bottle could have gone to someone who would get more use out of it than me. I also love oil blotting paper but I don't think this sort of product should be included in a beauty box that aims to offer "premium" samples.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's nice to know, but sadly I don't use fake tan :(

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm not a fake tan user and don't really need a tan either so I wasn't too happy about receiving it. I think I am on the same boat as you though in that I am "getting over" the products. I also think one box is enough because products seem to be overlapping lately!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you! That is one of the biggest things I hate about subscription boxes, anyone can just slap on a price and say this product is of value. Especially with fashion boxes e.g. the mint watch I received valued at $30, available on ebay for $2...

    ReplyDelete
  13. the eyeshadow looks gorgeous! the mask seems a bit meh though because as good as a mask is, it shouldn't be worth more than single digits since it's a one time use!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Multitasking Damsel6 November 2013 14:55

    this months box looks awesome!! never herd of evo hair products thought, you should a review!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day, beautiful!
Don't forget to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out :)