Friday, 25 October 2013

My first Wantable Makeup Box: October!

I have been bitten by the Wantable bug and joined the bandwagon. For those who haven't heard of Wantable before, they offer personalised beauty and fashion boxes for $36 per month or a one time box for $40 plus shipping where you will receive 4-5 full sized products! By completing a survey, you will be able to choose which products you want and don't want to receive which ensures you will hopefully love every product you receive. You also have the option to skip a box for a particular month if you don't want to receive a box.

As the company is based in America, shipping to Australia costs an extra $9. Unfortunately they currently only ship to the US, Canada and Australia. There are currently three boxes available to choose from: makeup box, accessories box, and intimates box.


Despite it being a bit more pricey, I honestly think you will receive your money's worth. I am so excited to share with everyone what I received because I haven't been this satisfied with a box in ages. Shipping does take a while but it is worth it in the end!

Manna Kadar: Lipstick in 506 Saucy - RRP $21
A gorgeous fuschia pink lipstick that applies on so smoothly on the lips. The shade is bright and bold with an amazing colour payoff. It has a glossy finish and feels moisturising on the lips as well! I love the simple matte black design as well since it looks very chic and I also hate getting fingerprints on things.




Michael Marcus: Nail Polish in Lookin' For Attention - RRP $15
How pretty does that colour look? So perfect for Summer and Spring! The geometrically shaped bottle is definitely something different and unique, which makes it look more awesome. Two coats of this will give you a nice opaque finish though I do find the formula a bit hard to work with. Michael Marcus Cosmetics nail polishes are also free of Toulene, Formaldehyde and DBP.


Japonesque: Angled Foundation Brush - RRP $25
For some reason I just wanted some new tools to add to my collection so I am happy to receive this angled foundation brush. It is made of synthetic bristles therefore feels really soft and makes it easier to clean. This literally reminds me of a paint brush. I'm not sure whether I'll actually like using it as I am in love with the Real Techniques buffing brush when applying bb creams and what not.


Beauty For Real: Miracle Mascara in Very Black - RRP $23
When it comes to mascaras I am quite picky with the finish. Recently I thought I found a potential HG mascara but I am freaking loving this as well! The packaging is quite innovative, featuring a side magnifying mirror as well as in-built light in the cap (say what?!). It lengthens and defines my short lashes so well and I have not experienced any clumping or flaking so far. I am actually like this more than the cult favourite Benefit They're Real Mascara right now but that's just from first impressions.


Lise Watier: Ombre Souffle Supreme Sample
I have never heard of an anti-ageing eyeshadow until today. There are only two sample shades to try and I received Sunrise Pach and Vert enchante. As the description says, this literally has a really light and creamy mousse texture that applying this feels like a dream. It is so shimmery and pretty to look at that I wish they sent a full sized product instead :(
EDIT: This creased within 2 hours on my oily eyelids without a primer, boooo. May try using a primer next time.


So that's all I received in my Wantable box this month! I absolutely loved everything I received and I might consider unsubscribing from my other subscriptions to fund for this.

Are you currently subscribed to Wantable? If not, what are your thoughts?

Okay I should really stop procrastinating. Have a lovely weekend ladies! :)

32 comments:

  1. I'm not subscribed to any beautybox this is the first of the month I see a review that has good products.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm considering unsubscribing to other beauty boxes as well and just sticking to Wantable! The products never seem to disappoint unlike with other boxes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the color of that nail polish. Interesting looking bottle too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The lipstick and nail polish colors are really pretty! And Japonesque brushes are awesome. You got a good selection this month. I'm so tempted to sign up for a beauty subscription box. There are so many out there now.

    Rowena @ rolala loves

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh, really good stuff in your box! I have a bunch of those Lise Watier Ombre Supremes and I love them. Definitely need a primer but I love how light and fluffy they are!

    ReplyDelete
  6. MyBeautyJunction26 October 2013 at 04:47

    Wowza! That is a gorgeous box! And I loooove the Michael Marcus nail polish - I received their eyeshadow in my Lip Factory and hope they include a polish soon! Sounds like a great mascara... wish Wantable would ship worldwide :(

    My Beauty Junction

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome box! I love looking at other people's Wantable boxes because they're so varied... other than the sample, my box was 100% different than yours. Both the lipstick and the nail polish you got look really nice!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a prestige box, I am so tempted to sign up!

    lilynotlouse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a nice content of this beautybox!
    I thought that nailpolish was by Micheal Kors :P oops
    but the glass has really lovely design and the color
    itself is beautiful! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. the lipstick looks so gorgeous!!

    ps just followed your blog via bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooh, what nice goodies! That nail polish looks especially cool :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. this box looks really worth it! it's interesting how there are eyeshadow samples :O

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awww beauty boxes are really exciting to receive! But sometimes I guess there are disappointing products.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Aren't you only subscribed to LHI & Wantable right now? I know LHI hasn't been on top of their game for quite some time now... or maybe since they decided to increase their prices.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The colour is so pretty! *o*

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is the first time I've ever heard of Japonesque but I think I'm a devoted RT lover. If you don't mind the steep price, I think Wantable is an excellent investment.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awww I wish these eyeshadows were available in Australia because I am so in love with their texture!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I LOVEEEE the design of their bottle - very different and unique although a bit of a hassle to store away. And the mascara is simply loveee <3

    ReplyDelete
  19. I think it would suit you really well!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I agree, reading everyone's Wantable boxes is exciting because it's always different whereas reading other reviews on beauty boxes featuring the same products can get a bit mundane.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I think if you continuously read Wantable reviews, you will eventually crack and end up signing up. True story.

    ReplyDelete
  22. LOL I wish I had a Michael Kors nail polish :P Or any designer brand.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Awww thank you so much for the follow! Really appreciate it <3
    Hope to see you around more often ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  24. The eyeshadow samples are so cute. They look like pills... LOL not that I think pills are cute...

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love the colour of that nail polish you received! I reckon Wantable is the BEST beauty subscription box available to Australians

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh I have never heard of this looks like you got some great stuff!

    Ali of


    www.dressingken.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. I've got the same angled brush and lipstick, except in a different colour! :D
    I really like the eyeshadow samples colours, and the nail polish is so pretty! The box is still a bit too expensive for my budget though Dx

    ReplyDelete
  28. I've always wanted to subscribe to one of these things but I am afraid to make a monthly monetary commitment beyond my rent & bills! But then I go and buy 5 nail polishes a month :P I love reading your reviews, though, I'll never be short on recommendations whenever I'm looking for a new lipstick!

    http://lasaloperie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. love the colour of the nailpolish! the photos look great!

    xoxo, Eliza
    Bread and Butter

    ReplyDelete
  30. Nice review!! gonna try it next time! :)

    http://www.massage-rockhampton.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  31. Your blog seems interesting. I
    do have a similar blog relating Massage
    in Rockhampton

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day, beautiful!
Don't forget to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out :)