Saturday, 1 June 2013

Etude House - Dear My Deep Color & Party Nail Polish Swatches

Those who follow me on twitter would already know that my boyfriend bought me some Korean goodies that were on my wish list! Not only was I surprised that he bought six nail polishes but he also hand picked the colours himself :D


If you were wondering, here are the items he bought me:
Etude House: Wonder Pore Freshner | 6 x Etude House Nail Polish | Skinfood: Black Sugar Mask Wash Off Scrub
Complementary gifts: Etude House Nail Polish & Yogurt Peel Cleansing Foam
This week I also received those fake nail round wheel or whatever they're called from Ebay. I don't know why I didn't buy these earlier because they make life so much easier for swatching nail polish.

So here are the swatches! :D

For reference, I only used one coat of polish for all swatches. From left to right:

Dear My Deep Color Nails: DRD302 Fire Vampire
A very dark purple shade which almost looks black when there's no light. It has a cream finish and matches well with its vampire name except for the fire part.

Dear My Deep Color Nails: DPP503 Double Purple
This looks more like a navy blue than a purple, unless double purple equals navy blue? Another cream finish and probably my favourite shade out of the three non-glittery ones.

Dear My Deep Color Nails: DPP502 Lie Lilac
I think there was a typo error on my label because it says "Lie Lialic". Just your typical lilac shade with a cream finish as well.

Dear My Party Nails: PPP503 Celeb Girl
My favourite shade out of the bunch!! The first coat is quite sheer but after the second coat the light blue cream base is true to colour in the bottle. It's a lovely colour combination if you're a fan of the Parramatta Eels hehehe (Australian football NRL team).

Dear My Party Nails: PPK002 Evening Dress
If you are a lover of anything pink and glitter, this shade is for you. It is filled with lots and lots of glitter confetti that sparkles under the light. The pink base is a bit transparent though and with all the glitter, it can look a bit messy after the third coat.

Dear My Party Nails: PPK007 Dot Dance
A clear base polish with gold, lilac, orange and aqua glitter hexes of different sizes. The colour combination is quite interesting but it does look nice. It can either be used with a coloured base or layered by itself.

Have you tried any polishes from the Party or Deep Colour range?

Hope you're having a relaxing weekend! :)

42 comments:

  1. Correct! :) It claims to:
    - Maintain pH of 4.5+/- 1
    - Refine skin tones
    - Keep elasticity, deep cleanse, and minimise appearance of pores
    - Control sebum
    - Moisturise skin inside & out

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, they're very pretty :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh, he picked some amazing shades! What a nice treat :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dot Dance is so so cute! I can think of a ton of cute designs to do with that. =)~
    Thanks for sharing~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh really cute and lovely colors sweetie!
    xoxo


    www.sakuranko.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your bf has good taste ^^
    I love Celeb Girl the most too! Must put that on my wish list! Looking forward to seeing some notd pics with some of these polishes~!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the color ! I love Etude House nail polishes too <3


    beautyfoodlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the nail polishes! Especially the the dark blue one. I haven't tried any of their polishes, would love to, but I'm also trying to restrain myself from buying more haha :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, your boyfriend has some sense
    of makeup :P So sweet of him really!
    Xx http://icepandora.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aww how nice of your bf! The Party nail polishes look great :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. With Love, Tiffany2 June 2013 at 11:35

    Your boyfriend has awesome taste! I know my boyfriend would never be able to pick out all this stuff, poor guy would get all confused >< Celeb Girl and Evening Dress look amazing :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's so awesome of your boyfriend to get all that for you! :D

    Hmm, maybe I should also get nail round wheel as well...But anyway, I love the colors. You and your boyfriend have great taste. :D


    http://rainbowchiffon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the colours that your boyfriend pick out for you!
    They're all very pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Celeb Girl if probably my favourite as well. I love the blue and gold colour combo!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good job boyfriend! Haha. Yeah those nail wheels are so convenient. Great way to try different nail designs also.

    -Mary
    http://madeinmarcelle.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  16. aww that is so sweet that your boyfriend picked those colors out for you!!

    That nail round thing is really nice for swathching. I usually test a polish color out my using one of my toes haha. My favorite color has to be celeb girl as well!!

    http://www.mybrokeneggshells.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hopefully I'll get the review up soon!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I was over the moon when he told me! Hehe

    ReplyDelete
  19. It is, unique as well. Thanks for reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Haha I'm surprised he picked out those colours because usually he picks weird things :S

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is only my second time trying out their nail polishes but I love them! :D

    ReplyDelete
  22. Restraining yourself is one of the hardest things in life T__T

    ReplyDelete
  23. HAHA I think he knows my taste or style, that's why ^^

    ReplyDelete
  24. The other polishes from the party collection are really pretty as well!

    ReplyDelete
  25. LOL yeah, boys are absolutely clueless but mine used my wish list as a reference.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hahaha thanks Lily! You should definitely get those nail wheels. They're so convenient to have and very cheap on ebay as well.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Haha I was actually surprised at the shades he chose.

    ReplyDelete
  28. It's a very pretty colour combination! :D

    ReplyDelete
  29. I agree. I went swatching away trying different designs with these polishes ^^

    ReplyDelete
  30. I actually just got one, haha! The price was too good. :) I'll definitely link you when I get and post it on my own blog.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Please do the review of wonder pore freshner...

    ReplyDelete
  32. they are all so pretty! Amy xx

    goffbot.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  33. TheHappySloths25 June 2013 at 01:26

    <3 I should get a boyfriend lol jkjk

    ReplyDelete
  34. so many nail polishes! *o* I'm looking forward to the Wonder Pore review! :D

    ReplyDelete
  35. Oh my god these polishes *-* (swoons)

    ReplyDelete
  36. MyBeautyJunction25 June 2013 at 01:26

    Love the swatch of Dot Dance. What's the Wonder Pore Freshener like, is it a 7-in-1 toner?

    ReplyDelete
  37. fantastic points altogether, you just gained a new
    reader. What may you recommend in regards to your submit that you simply made some days ago?
    Any positive?

    Also visit my blog post: Best Wrinkle reducer

    ReplyDelete
  38. Hey outstanding blog! Does running a blog similar to this
    require a great deal of work? I have no knowledge of computer programming but I
    had been hoping to start my own blog soon. Anyways, if
    you have any suggestions or tips for new blog owners please share.
    I understand this is off topic nevertheless I just wanted to ask.
    Thanks!

    my weblog ... dui attorney san diego

    ReplyDelete
  39. This is where it can get tricky for some guys, but if you really want
    to be seen as the super alpha male, then you have to be able to make
    your approach and not have all of the hangups that most guys have
    when they approach a woman. It's not sexist, it's not is literally hard coded into our DNA as surely as our hair color or any other physical
    trait. There is a lot of information on the Internet on the right way to kiss a woman.

    My web site :: macho alfa Pdf

    ReplyDelete
  40. It is wise to actually contact a broker prior to making the first deposit to put their
    customer service skills to the test. In financial conditions,
    a binary option is that kind of option in which the payoff
    is sometimes some fixed amount of any asset or free in any way.

    The great advantage to this type of trading involves knowing
    upfront what you will win or lose at the conclusion of the trade.


    Feel free to visit my weblog ... optionbit

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day, beautiful!
Don't forget to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out :)