Thursday, 14 March 2013

First ever Her Fashion Box - Trendy!

Hey everyone! On Tuesday afternoon I received a card from the postie telling me to pick up a parcel and I immediately knew it was my Her Fashion Box! I didn't have time to pick it up until yesterday and I was planning to post a video but that didn't go too well (I felt too awkward haha).

Her Fashion Box is a monthly subscription box similar to LHI and Bellabox. Each month you will receive a full size or deluxe size sample of beauty and fashion products, as well as lifestyle goods. It's a bit on the expensive side at $39.95 a month but it was previously going for $49.95. There are three different boxes to choose from - trendy, classic, and feminine - and there's also a beauty profile that you fill in upon signing up.


I chose the trendy box as I decided to jump out of my comfort zone and try products that I probably normally wouldn't choose myself. Her Fashion Box was having a special for their first box so I bought mine for $24.95 to see if this box is worth the money and what kind of contents I will be receiving. Please bear with me if the photo quality is bad since they're from my phone and I'm typing this while at uni!


So this black cardboard box is wrapped inside the pink cardboard box. The size is considerably larger than Bellabox and slightly bigger than the new collector boxes from Lust Have It.

The paper wrapping for each box is different; for the trendy box they used a leopard print paper wrap. Very trendy, right? Instead of the usual info card that you receive from beauty boxes, you receive a fashion magazine instead and tells you the contents in the box, some info about the brand, as well as some styling tips and teaches you how to use some of the products.


So many goodies!

This spiked hair tie is a special item for subscribing to the first Her Fashion Box I think. It's especially great for those who love spikes, like me, and want to add a bit more style whenever you want to tie your hair. I normally don't tie my hair so this item might make me start again!


This is another unbranded product and like it says in the magazine, it's basically two trends in one - neon and spikes! The necklace is a lovely statement item for outfits however I have a small issue with the neon on the wings. Up close the paint job looks really tacky and uneven sort of but its definitely not noticeable from afar. Unlike most statement necklaces, this one isn't too heavy and most of the weight comes from the wings.


Circa Home Everyday Soap
Full size - RRP $9.95
When I opened my box I noticed a really nice fragrance and it came from this bar of soap! I received this in 1986 Lilac and Orchid and there are three other scents available. It smells really lovely and the great thing is it's not overpowering. I have not tried this yet so I don't know how it'll feel on the skin but it looks like your average white bar of soap.


Redken - Diamond Oil Shampoo, Conditioner, and Deep Facets
Shampoo 50ml & Conditioner 30ml sample - RRP $22
Deep Facets 30ml sample - RRP $33
The Diamond Oil range from Redken is a new and upcoming range so it's not even in stores yet! As I mentioned in a previous post, I'm not too found of receiving hair products but I guess you can never have too many shampoos and conditioners. Please don't quote me on the RRP as I'm remembering off the top of my head. The formula contains silicone free oils and claims to add strength and shine to your hair.


Maybelline - Colour Sensation High Shine Lip Gloss
Full size - RRP $15.95
I received this in the shade 040 Captivating Coral and it's a really lovely colour. I'm not a fan of lip glosses as I find them too sticky for my liking most of the time and make my lips look super fat. There has been many reviews from people raving about Maybelline's Colour Sensation range so I will definitely try this soon and hopefully I'll like it!


Master Makeup by Dean Nixon - Eyeliner Brush
Full size - RRP $30
This item alone is worth more than what I paid for the box! I was hoping to receive a different brush as the only eyeliner brush I use is the Bobbi Brown's Ultra Fine Eyeliner Brush. A little magazine was also included in the box listing the other brushes available as well as some tips on how to use each brush. The brush is quite soft and tapered but it's not as soft as the Real Techniques brushes.



And last of all... (guys, please read at your own discreet)

Moxie Collection Sample Box
I've never heard of this brand before but the packaging is so cute for a female hygiene product. Inside there is at least one sample of each product - tampon, liner, morning pad, and night pad. A woman can never have too many of these! I won't be able to elaborate much on these but yeah...



So that's all I received from my first ever Her Fashion Box. Overall the content is well worth the value of what I paid and there were quite a few full size products. There's definitely a wider range of items you receive, so I'm thinking of unsubscribing to one of my beauty boxes as I'm quite sick of all the skincare and hair products I receive and don't end up using.

Are you subscribed to Her Fashion Box and which box did you choose? How did you find the contents? :)

9 comments:

  1. Awww Hunny I'd love to see you do a youtube video :o)

    I love the leopard tissue paper, mine was pink. You hair accessory is really nice too.

    I used the Shampoo and Treatment last night and my hair is super soft and shiny today, I love it.

    Jac x0x

    matillysthisnthat.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woah awesome look,so pretty
    i love your blog post also :)

    followed you,can we follow each other ?
    keep in touch ;)

    http://iamtheglory.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will have a discount code for Herfashionbox on my blog very soon so keep posted!

    www.voguevandal.blogspot.com


    www.voguevandal.blogspot.com

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like that spiked hair tie! If only I picked up the first box for half price :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow you got an amazing load here! can't wait for more reviews :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. great items <3 fantastic blog Dear would you like to follow each other just let me know i wait for you on my blog xo xo xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute blog hun! Love your style :)

    Would you like to follow each other on gfc? xo

    catherinebelle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for sharing this, it looks like an interesting item!

    myblissisthisway.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think at $25, it's decent but not for $40 or $50!!
    I'd rather spend that $40 and pick out something I like or want!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day, beautiful!
Don't forget to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out :)