Tuesday, 26 March 2013

Etude House - Sweet Recipe Ice Cream Nails

Hi lovelies, how are you all?!

Today I have another really, REALLY cute item to share with everyone and it's a nail polish from Etude House's new collection Sweet Recipe. I purchase this from a reliable Ebay seller f2plus1 and my ice cream came wrapped in bubble wrap along with two random sachet samples in a tiny box.


I don't think I have ever came across a nail polish that looked so cute before. There are four shades available: 01 Mint, 02 Yellow, 03 Orange, and 04 Pink (the names are in Korean and I don't know Korean so yeah!). It is a glitter polish and they do remind me of Australis' Milky Way polish which I reviewed here and Illamasqua's Speckled Nail Polish range.


This polish has a pastel baby pink base with glitter of different shapes, size, and colour. There are circles, hexagons and stars (which were at the bottle of the bottle and didn't want to come out). The glitters mainly consists of different shades of pink, with some purples and blues.


I needed three coats for it to be opaque as quite sheer but I love how they turned out on my nails. The formula is a bit on the watery side but the application was easy and manageable. I've only had them on for three days and there has been no signs of chipping as of yet. My biggest peeve about the polish is not being able to get the stars out!

First coat

Second coat

Third coat

I'm considering buying the rest of the collection since they all look so pretty and the packaging is just too cute to resist. However now that I'm unemployed I need to watch my spending more carefully meaning less shopping :(

Well I hope you're having a lovely week, stay beautiful!

21 comments:

  1. Super cute#! I want of of them :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the same issue - the stars really don't wanna come out of the bottle, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely proposals !
    I'm following you now.

    xx


    http://www.thetrendysurfer.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thats so cute, I want to buy a few!

    Kitsch Snitch

    ReplyDelete
  6. super cute nail polish packaging! i love it

    xx

    http://spoonfulofdiamonds.com
    http://www.facebook.com/SpoonfulOfDiamonds

    ReplyDelete
  7. how ADORABLE is this!

    -liv
    http://chocolivlovelaugh.blogspot.kr/

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG no way!!! The bottle is so cute! :D
    YuliConversations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. they're too much sweet <3 <3 love them!!!
    what about follow each other?
    let me know :)
    have a nice day!
    xx
    veronica

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing idea!! :)

    Kisses,

    NEW POST!!

    Babi
    www.voguebuster.net

    ReplyDelete
  11. Even though the result isn't the best I've seen, but can I please say that this is probably the most adorable polish.

    ReplyDelete
  12. i really love this beautiful tutorial!!
    Wanna follow each other??

    www.esraestella.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, this is one of the cutest makeup items I've ever seen! And the shade is lovely. Etude House really makes some wonderful and adorable products :)

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow that's a nail polish! I never would have thought that on first sight.
    What a great idea :)
    Thank you so much for your comments dear!
    Love, Sally

    themuv.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Omg that's the prettiest thing I've seen in a while!
    I love how étude takes so much effort for packaging when they're super affordable but yea they lack in performance like here the case with the stars! But nevertheless they're tempting enough to just showcase in front of the dressing table ^^
    You have a lovely blog.. Following you now.. Do stay in touch
    xx
    titiyangzom.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
  16. this is super cute! <3

    www.cinwilsoon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm so sad I didn't buy this when all the colors were still available >...>

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day, beautiful!
Don't forget to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out :)