Sunday, 17 March 2013

Essence Circus Circus - My Sparkling Acrobat

Last week I was browsing around Priceline before work, which is never a good thing, and ended up buying three nail polishes. One of them was Essence's 01 My Sparkling Acrobat from their Circus Circus range now available in Australia.


I've been lusting over gold glittery polishes for some time now so when I was walking down the aisles, this baby caught my attention. It looks so beautiful and I find this to be an excellent purchase - for $5.50 you receive 2 x 4ml of product. If you haven't already, I urge you to check out the Circus Circus range as everything looks so sparkly and glittery and the colour theme is mainly red, pink, gold, and black.

I have never tried any of Essence's nail products but this baby left a good impression. Now I have to try resist myself from buying more polishes!

Photo taken from my Instagram

I used the black shade as my base coat and only one coat was needed to be opaque so I was very surprised at how pigmented it was. The brush is a bit small therefore making it a bit annoying to apply but that's not a big problem. Formula is thick yet smooth so it is easy to apply and drying time is quite average.

Now the exciting part (sort of)! Applying the glitter top coat is where the magic happens. The problem I find with a lot of glitter polishes is the uneven distribution of glitter and the inconsistency while applying. I did not have this problem as the brush is loaded with square shaped and really fine glitter. I can't compare how it looks with gold flakies since I've never tried flakies before but I believe this looks beautiful!


Here's how it looks on all nails! I think this would look better on those with longer nails than mine since mine just look really short and stubby right now. It lasted six days without chipping with a China Glaze - Strong Adhesion base coat and a Seche Vite top coat, which I find pretty impressive considering I've never tried any other Essence polishes before.

Have you tried any Essence nail products and what were they like? Would love to hear your experience! Hope you're having a wonderful weekend :)

16 comments:

  1. That is gorgeous!!

    I think it looks really good on your nails, I love black on shorter nails.

    I was in Priceline on Friday and they didn't have the Circus Circus in stock :o(

    Try the Essence Nude Glam range they are lovely, for $2.75 each they are great nail polishes.

    Jac x0x

    matillysthisnthat.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will definitely check out their polishes soon! I can't believe how cheap they are.
      I hate how so many Pricelines I go to always have limited stock...

      Delete
  2. oh those flakies are so pretty! and yes i hate it when glitter polish has uneven distribution omg ><
    ive heard so many great things about essence polishes! i really need to go out and get myself one! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate it so much when I have to apply so many coats of glitter polishes just to make it look even!

      Delete
  3. love that glitter. am always surprised by essence's quality.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorg. these remind me a lot of the revlon polishes, but essence is cheaper, so great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. woah i've never seen essence around but i'll look for it now! the gold is gorg c:

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm loving your nails. Very pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahhhhhh I really want to own this, but alreadyy have Australis' gold glitter top coat. Meep. So cheap though!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gosh I've always lusted after square glitter. It's so incredibly pretty.
    I've nominated you for the Creative Blogger Award: http://mybeautyjunction.blogspot.in/2013/03/the-creative-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. i've not tried any nail products by Essence :( i would really love to give it a try!

    xo Sarvin
    http://classypyt.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. ohhh i always buy essence nail polishes. but we dont have that one yet. cant wait for that to be available here! :)

    nice post.

    xx,
    http://littledreamersavenue.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I saw the collection at priceline, grabbed a few then I put them back lol told myself I didn't need them. But looking at your post, I want this polish!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glittery and very lovely like starry skies ^^


    恵美より ♥
    http://emi-doll.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day, beautiful!
Don't forget to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out :)