Tuesday, 5 February 2013

NOTD: Australis - Milky Way

Australis recently released three new nail polishes for their Galaxy collection - Milky Way, Space Jam, and Glitter Strikes Back. You can probably tell by their names or from the world 'galaxy' that they all contain glitter. As soon as I saw them online, and being the nail polish addict I am, I knew I had to get at least one of them so I went to Priceline last week before work!


I bought the Milky Way polish and I absolutely love the final look. I've never tried Australis' nail polishes so I won't be able to compare it with other polishes from the nail range.

Note: these photos were taken under artificial lighting so sorry if the colours look a bit inconsistent but I've tried to make them look true to colour as much as possible.


The application of the first coat is very sheer as you can tell. Not sure if you can see from the picture but there are very fine blue and gold glitter as well as the big chunks of glitter.


The second coat is still pretty sheer but much better compared to the first coat.



After the third coat I'm quite satisfied with the result although it's still a bit sheer. The big pieces of glitter from previous coats look more opaque (is that the right word?) and it makes a big difference for the 'galaxy' look Australis is aiming for. It's like looking at the stars at night - some stars looking very bright whereas other stars are more distant and dull.

As for the formula, I'm not really in love with it and I don't know if all Australis' nail polishes are like this. I find that the formula is a bit thick and harder to apply with each coat. Regardless, I love the finishing result and I find it really cute!

Have you tried any of Australis' polishes and what are your thoughts?

Disclaimer: product was purchased at my own expense. I have not been paid, sponsored or received any form of compensation for this review.

14 comments:

  1. Reminds me of those big white speckled all day suckers you can get at the lolly shop :o)

    I think it looks great!

    matillysthisnthat.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm.. don't know which lollies you're talking about but thanks!

      Delete
    2. You find them in lolly shops in Australia called super gobstoppers my boys always buy one because they are sooooo huge!! White and speckled like your nails :o)

      I am following you now, I would really love it if you would follow me back :o)

      matillysthisnthat.blogspot.com.au

      Delete
  2. I think it looks really nice! x

    www.hannahheartss.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beauty shade x

    check out my cath kidston giveaway 1stepclosereveryday.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Will check out your giveaway soon.

      Delete
  4. This is so pretty! Really fun and colorful and it will be so pretty for spring and summertime! :) I think the picture quality is really good as well!

    xx, Siri
    www.SirisLife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Siri! It really is pretty, looks better in person!

      Delete
  5. Looks like a fun polish! x

    http://ecobirdstyle.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for your lovely comment, it means a lot! Great blog, I am now a member too :) follow me back if you'd like! Xx.
    http://belleoftheday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome and thanks for the follow! I've already followed you on your blog :)

      Delete
  7. I really like the look of this. different from anything I have seen. Luckily I'm going travelling around australia at the end of this year and will be able to get myself some!

    Emma xx

    http://uglybugbeautyblog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day, beautiful!
Don't forget to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out :)