Thursday, 14 February 2013

February Bellabox - Valentine Time

Happy Valentine's Day Beautifuls!
To those who have a Valentine, hope you had a wonderful day with your significant other. And to the singles out there - don't worry, you can be my Valentine ;) In all seriousness, remember - you don't need Valentine's Day to show someone you love them because every day should be Valentine's Day.

Anyways, it's that time of the month again! This month Bellabox has given three random, lucky members a Tiffany and Co jewellery in their box for Valentine. Unfortunately I was one of the unlucky ones but I'm not too sad as I already own a Tiffany key necklace and one of their bracelets. The products in this month's Bellabox are "to bring out your stunning inner-glow and make you feel special".


Bellabox showering us with love hearts!


Okay, to be honest I am sort of disappointed with my box. I was hoping I wouldn't receive the same box as those from the first batch of the first shipment but now I kind of wish I did receive that instead. Basically I have two shampoos in one box and I received another shampoo from LHI in my previous box which is still unused. There's no make up products, unless you count the Sally Hansen nail polish, whereas the first box received an Eye of Horus eyeliner and nail art stickers. Enough of my ranting, lets get down to business

Gatineau Aquamemory Moisture Replenish Cream
15ml sample - 50ml RRP $104
Damn that is pricy for a full sized cream. This is for dehydrated skin to rebalance hydration over the face and neck in the morning and/or evening. The cream has a floral fragrance which I find to be strong as it's starting to irritate my nose and seems like I just put on perfume. However it's non-greasy and it absorbs into the skin fairly quickly.


Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure
Full size - 14.7ml RRP $14.95
If you head to Priceline, some polishes from this range are selling from $8.47! As Sally Hansen has reformulated the Complete Salon Manicure Range, I am definitely excited to try this new shade! I received this in Shoot to the Moon and it's definitely my favourite product out of the box. It's a beautiful pewter foil colour with tiny specks of gold and it's so sparkly when I place it in sunlight! Might try this in my next notd, so keep an eye out!


Natralus Natural Paw Paw Ointment
7g sample - 30g RRP $5.95
This product was added to give you "a touch of natural shine to your pout this V-day". Most people receiving this product would receive it on or after Valentine's Day so that won't work. I don't need this as I already have a tub of paw paw ointment that's still pretty full...


Batiste Dry Shampoo
50ml sample - 150ml RRP $9.95
Apparently this was included in a previous box but I've never received or tried it before. Definitely want to try this out as I've never used dry shampoo before. Hope this works just as good as normal shampoo.


John Frieda Sheer Blonde Colour Renew Tone Correcting Shampoo and Conditioner
Both 45ml samples - 250ml RRP $17.99
Another shampoo and conditioner to add to my collection. I have not even used the GKMBJ sample ones from my previous box yet. Furthermore, I previously received a John Frieda frizz-ease product which is also unused. Basically... any hair product that I receive in a beauty box will never be used because they're of no use to me. And no one needs TWO sample shampoo products in their boxes. Plus, I'm not a blonde... even though my beauty profile clearly says I have dark hair. Awkward.


U Skin Solutions Nourishing Cleansing Milk
(?) sample - 125ml RRP $32.95
It doesn't state how much product we receive but it's definitely less than 5ml. When you open the container it's like half the product is gone. I don't know what use I'm going to receive from this sample but it looks just like milk! Only of a thicker consistency.


Out of all the Bellaboxes I've received since signing up, I think this would have to be my least favourite box. No make up products at all and the main highlight for me is the Sally Hansen nail polish. I would have enjoyed the box more if the Eye of Horus eyeliner was also included, or at least minus one of the shampoos.

What products did you receive in your box and how did you find this month's box? Do share!

22 comments:

  1. Louise, I really hope I don't get this box, I know I will because everytime I read reviews and say that, that's the box I get!

    I don't know what I'm going to do with Blonde Shampoo, I just dyed my hair brown, lol........

    Jac x0x

    matillysthisnthat.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I hope you don't get the same box for your sake! When did you get your tracking notification? I don't know what I'm going to do with the blonde shampoo either... so awkward hahaha.

      Delete
  2. I saw sneak peeks of this month's Bellabox on my blog news feed and I thought the same! This month's Valentine box isn't appealing AT ALL. Meep...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right! I'm hoping LHI will be much better :(

      Delete
  3. I really want to get a beauty box subscription now x

    www.hannahheartss.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! It's very exciting but it's either a hit or a miss sometimes..

      Delete
  4. I'm sorry to hear that you
    are disappointed about this
    box! Hopefully a better one
    next month!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey really love this post, the dry shampoo I have. I think it's really good and saves so much time in the morning!
    Also, the John Frieda hair products are meant to be very good but I heard the sheer blonde colour stains your hair? Might want to try it on a small section first or something?
    Would love to know what they're like?
    Take care, Sarah x

    sarahamyruth.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The dry shampoo smells really nice! But it's not really my thing or maybe I'm not used to it... feels like I'm spraying scented air into my hair hahaha. I think I'll pass with the John Frieda shampoo but thanks for letting me know!

      Delete
  6. Oh sweetie interesting products!

    xoxo

    www.sakuranko.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey darling!
    Wondering if you would like to follow each other? :)
    Please let me know!
    yuliconversations.blogspot.co

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment sweetie. I think you might have forgotten to follow? Please follow and let me know. Ill follow right back :) thanks

      Delete
    2. Haha thats okay, it happens to me too sometimes ;) Following you.

      Delete
  8. don't have a valentine but seriously this day couldn't get any cuter!

    http://wishuponasmile.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi! Very cute blog! Wanna follow each other? Please let me know ;)

    http://victoria-coeurdor.blogspot.be/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wanna try the paw paw ointment :) haha I'll have the blonde shampoo :P even though I'm not blonde -.-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha it's going to stain your hair though! Don't think you'd like that

      Delete
  11. Shoot to the Moon is my favorite out of those too! The color is INSANE!

    ReplyDelete
  12. aw that box looks a bit disappointing - -the nail polish is a lovely colour though. i've had worse boxes, once i managed to end up with three body lotions in one box and some tiny sachets of moisturiser - appalling!
    http://cloudsandcuticleoil.blogspot.co.uk/
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Really thinking about subscribing up for one now... Would be really fun to get in the mail xx

    http://www.voguevndal.blogspot.com.au

    http://www.voguevndal.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day, beautiful!
Don't forget to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out :)